Friday, June 14, 2013

Lesson I learned from a cockroach.

This morning I am walking my dog and see this dead cockroach being eaten by a group of ants. It is going to take a while for these ants to pull that cockroach apart.

I looked at the cockroach as obstacles or weaknesses we have in our lives.  How many times do we let the cockroach win?  How many times do we fall back to old habits instead of being patient with ourselves when we start to change? 

The ants are like the changes we make in our lives just chipping away at the old habits and making way for the new ones. It takes time to replace one thing with another.  Just like it takes time for ants to pull apart a cockroach.

I think it's time we all start looking at our successes no matter how small they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment